Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Sandias

Just returned from a trip to Albuquerque, NM. I found a little time to paint and had seen this spot earlier in the week as we drove by it. The entrance to the path is near 8 foot tall carvings in still-rooted cottonwood trees- very cool. I walked about 100 yards to the Rio Grande River and set up. I was looking for sun this time, as it was about 30 degrees that morning- but nice and sunny, and thankfully no wind. This took about 1 1/2 hours.


Sandias, 8 x 10 plein air, oil on prepared panel

3 comments:

Jennifer McChristian said...

Hi Liz,

I like the way you handled the reflection of the water. Brilliant! Nice textures and strong composition, too.

Unknown said...

Thanks for commenting, Jennifer. Love your work!

Danny Griego said...

Hi Liz

Your blog looks really nice, and your work is very beautiful as well. I see you are part of The Sage Group. Hope to cross paths sometime for one of the weekly paint sessions. Like myself, I also see you are new to the blog world. Fun stuff!

Danny Griego