Friday, March 26, 2010

Beautiful Morning- Ocean Beach

All things 'art' are very good these days. This painting has been accepted into the 19th California Art Club Juried Exhibition at The Historic Blinn House in Pasadena: "Surf’s Up: Artists Capture the California Coast".
It will be on display there April 17 - August 11, 2010

This was painted on location on a paintout with the PA meetup group- a really nice group of painters. I had a lot of fun with this one. It's such a great feeling when a painting just comes together- not that it "painted itself", which I hear sometimes, but it did seem to work as I was out there. I was consciously focused on keeping the light and shadow values separate. It's something I've been working on a lot lately. I think it made for a stronger painting.

I'm definitely headed back to OB/Sunset Cliffs- I think it may be my lucky spot!


"Beautiful Morning- Ocean Beach"
9x12, oil

4 comments:

Marian Fortunati said...

Congratulations, Liz..
It's a beautiful painting and deserving of being in the CAC Blinn House show.
I may meet you if you come up as I often volunteer to work reception for the shows.

Glad to see you're posting again.

Ron Guthrie said...

Way to go getting this one into the CAC show Liz...AWESOME! Congrats too on your painting being juried into the OPA show in Scottsdale also.

You're having a great beginning to the new year Liz....great looking pieces on your blog !

Well Done Liz

Michael Chamberlain said...

Beautiful painting Liz!

Unknown said...

Thanks much!